- Soak your bread in cold water for 20 min.
- Fine chop the cive and chili pepper.
- Press the wet bread to extract as much water as possible and run it through the finest grate of the food mill. This yields 130g of bread paste.
- In a frying pan, heat a drizzle of oil, then pour in the crab meat, civet and chilli. Fry for 1 minute, then stir in the 130g of bread dough and mix.
- Off the heat, add the pressed garlic, 4-spice mixture and bouquet garni, salt and lemon juice.
- Mix, the stuffing is ready!
- Stuff the crab shells with this stuffing and then sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Insert in grill position until breadcrumbs are golden.
- Let cool and serve accompanied by salad.
In the West Indies we use land crabs but it’s also delicious with crab cake or spider crab!